Sunday, November 12, 2006

Tales of Symphonia Character Association Part 6

I know it took forever to get to this part, and you're probably all dead from old age or scurvy or something, but it took soooooo long to find this one picture that I knew existed and needed and even longer to pick just a few pictures to use from the many great ones that I did find. The artists who post on deviantart.com really seem to genuinely like Raine and it made things more difficult than you would expect.

Anyway, the show must go on.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raine Sage
Gender: Female
Age: 23
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 108 lbs
Class: Mage
Race: Half-Elf
Hair: Silver
Build: Average
Weapon: Staff
Occupation: Teacher

This has pretty much been reduced to process of elimination, with only two left to cover and the last one being me, who could I possibly be comparing Raine too?

Kalinka, duh.

Par for the course, I've come up with real reasons for the comparison:
1) Raine, as the school teacher for three of the other characters at the start of the game, takes on a maternal role throughout the game, specifically towards her younger brother Genis, whom she raised since their abandonment. Much like Kalinka, who has taken on the role of older sister to the rest of Lucid Seed.
2) Raine is the most intelligent character in the entire game, need I say more.
3) Raine and Kalinka are very soft spoken most of the time, moreso guides than an actual commanders, but don't make them mad.
4) Raine has a glaring multiple personality disorder, wherein she spins into an insane "Ruin Mode" whenever exposed to specific stimuli such as tombs, artifacts, and just about anything archeological. Now, replace "tombs" with "cats" and "artifacts" with "steam", what does that make you think of?

I know full well that Kalinka isn't near as serious as Raine is. But that's not a bad thing. I like her better like that.

And, of course, PICTURE ADVENTUUUUUUUUUUURE!



-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, Part 6 is finished. Tune in next time for the thilling conclusion: Kratos Aurion!

Marr Vell

15 comments:

Kalinka said...

Hmm, a reference to my favorite Queen song...some oddly flattering comments, and a really interesting choice of pictures. (: I love it!

I like how I can pretty much guess the significance of all the picture.

Flattered,
KB.

The whisper in your ear said...

Wel marr... I say you write a book called from the mind of marr. I would read it.

Good show ol boy,
Jesse

Marr said...

No you wouldn't, Jesse, because it wouldn't make any sense in the world.

Funny thing though, I actually found six other pictures of Raine that I considered using but left out for the time being.

Maybe I will write a super, picture-filled closing number that will contain all the regected pictures and some more that I only recently found.

Maybe that,
Marr Vell

Fleur De'La Fay said...

What a beautiful wedding!

Marr said...

Wedding?

Confuzzled,
Marr Vell

Kalinka said...

You will read this at work.

Sooo....go here - bread.com

It will make you laugh until you get fired. Not because it's *actually* funny but...well, just go there.

KB.

Marr said...

Breadirn has a home page?!

Bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrp!

Meow Vell

Kalinka said...

I posted on my blog but I can't get it to show up as the first post on the list, so you will have to scroll past the "empty" post to get to it.

KB.

Fleur De'La Fay said...

"Don't cry for me Argentaina! The truth is I never left you all threw my wild days my mad exsistance I can't my promise don't keep your distance."

Fleur De'La Fay said...

Marr I just read Kalinka blue's blog! Did you realy die?!? I'm so confused.

Marr said...

No, Kylaia, I didn't die. That was just the epilogue to "Shattered Seed" that Kalinka wrote up. It's just a story, so there's nothing to worry about.

It was really touching though, wasn't it?

Marr Vell

-._.->[R]ober[T]<-._.- said...

Hey guys (marr good post where u gettin gthe pics?) i have my blog up and running and a new computer to top it all off so if u can, anouncce to every one TREV is back!!!* throws more streamers* and yeah clue me in on every thing thats happened in the crazy time ive been gone!!1

Fleur De'La Fay said...

What a beautifull wedding! Now are you still confuzzled? I'm a clairevoent remember? Unless your not marrying kal then reject this comment. But if you are and I'm not suposed to know then I don't know. Or well just tell me if you guys are?!

Fleur De'La Fay said...

Ah everything is different! We got a new computer and well I just spent the last 2 hours on the dam phon geting internet instaled so I could write on my blog and check my e-mails. My dad wanted to help but I am the computer literat person in the family! I have sound! Yay!

Fleur De'La Fay said...

OMG thats what you do right marr? Heklp people over the phone! With computers! Cool! I have new apresheation (atch spelling!) for people like you. The guy was realy nice and realy helpful. He asked if he could enjoy me yelling at my dad. It was funny.