Friday, August 11, 2006

Fight Scenes Are Boring

Told you my writer's block problem was fixed. Anyway, here is the next chapter to my side of the story, I hope you like it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After explaining his view of the events leading up to the brawl, the warrior seemed to back down for Jesse's gaze. Partially out of fear of her retribution, but I could see a distinct sense of awe in his eyes. I chuckled to myself a bit as Jesse told him not to take the blame for the actions of the drunkards in the bar.

Jesse then called to her father to help clear out the instigators of the brawl. I offered my assistance as well. Most of the people bolted out the door, intimidated at the appearance of Jesse, her father and I, the rest flew out the door, after being thrown by one of us. I returned to Kalinka's side to gather my things just to catch the warrior in the middle of a song. I decided to not stick around too long, so I motioned to Kalinka to pack up.

"Aw. I wanted to hear the rest of the song." She complained.

Once again, I found myself unable to deny her whims. So I agreed to stay for the song. But just as I finished my promise the warrior cut his song short. It seemed as though something had interrupted him. I looked to the entrance and noticed five new patrons entre the bar. The five of them were definately soldiers, but from an army that I did not recognize, and the man in front was definately the leader. He had a similar air about him as Jesse, only filled with malice and hatred. He had some demon in him, that was easy enough to tell.

I elected to leave before things turned ugly. I turned to Kalinka, she was looking a little fearful of the leader. She told me, "We should leave now, I don't like the look of these men." I agreed and we began to make our way to the door, instead of participate in an unnecessary battle.

Unfortunately this fight was not so easily avoided. As we reached the door the five men blocked our path. "Excuse me," I asked, "may we please pass through? We wish to leave for the night."

Their leader stepped foward and said, "We have no interest in you, Dragoon, but that girl you travel with is of great importance to us. You may leave, but she stays."

"As if you'd expect a dragoon to back down so easily." I said as I took a defensive stance, and removed the leather wrapping from my sword. "If you want her, you have to go through me first."

The soldiers drew their weapons and prepared for battle. I gauged from their stances that they were well trained, their leader spoke up again, "What I expected was that you would make the smart choice and stand down against such odds, hero."

"Then you've never faced a dragoon before." I retorted. I could take the soldiers easily enough, it was their leader that worried me. I knew enough about the demonic to never underestimate them. But I didn't have time to study his strength. His underlings attacked me without a second thought.

Just as I was about to counter attack, the warrior appeared beside me, sword in hand. "Back away, don't get involved." I told him. I was not used to relying on anyones strength save my own, and I was unsure of the warrior's abilities. Just as the words left my mouth, the leader shot a ball of lightning at the chest of the warrior, causing him to crash into a far table. "You'll regret doing that, demon." I threatened as I charged at the soldiers.

As I battled with the demon's forces the warrior stood up and stood beside me again. I warned him again not to get involved. "I will not, this battle will be even." He responded. "Even if I have to do it myself."

I must say I was impressed, I begrudgingly accepted his aid. We fought side by side, my first experience in fighting along side another since my days of training with my master. In the end the soldiers retreated.

Making sure that the soldiers left, without turning I told the warrior, "My name is Marr Vell, and this is my companion, Kalinka Blue." motioning to Kalinka who waved to the warrior.

"My name," the warrior hesitated for a second, "is Llyd del Caech."

We all decided to re-entre the bar to get better acquainted. All the while I clutched my sword's hilt, it hadn't resonated that badly since the day I met Kalinka.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note, thanks to Kalinka's most recent story, I may be back-tracking a little to our meeting, I haven't decided yet. Thanks alot. :}P

Marr Vell

P.S. I'm not very good at writing battle scenes, so expect all of mine to be "we fought those guys" or something along those lines. The details aren't all that important anyway.

4 comments:

The whisper in your ear said...

Ha ha Marr I thought it was excelent. I <3 blog storys!!! I love reading them if ther good and this one is. HA HA HA HA I AM THE COMMENT FAIRY! MU HA HA HA HA HA! no im not..=(
Wish I was,
Jesse

Kalinka said...

Hey Marr,

I don't think you're bad at writing battle scenes. Maybe I'm biased, but I don't really like to read about battles anyway. I think you did well to only write what you needed to, without unecessary "look at me I'm being cool" things (if that makes any sense). I love how your writing style is so logical and observant.

Hooray!
-Kalinka Blue.

Kalinka said...

Also, I am the Comment Fairy, actually.

Be afraid,
Kalinka.

Kalinka said...

Dear Marr,

Here is how to take care of your new comment.

Moderate me!
-KB.