Thursday, August 10, 2006

Success!

Well, I've tracked down and "dealt with" the source of my writer's block. So rest assured, though I hate playing catch-up, I will be writing more often and I wll hopefully never fall behind again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the strange warrior made his way towards us, I began to reach for my sword, Schickalflügel, named so because of the decorative wing-like hilt, which resonated in the presence of some who would make a drastic change in the chosen path of the wielder. And it was shaking like mad in my hand. I considered ordering another stout to help me swallow the events that would likely follow.

Suddenly, the man seemed to snap out of his trance and began to try to cover up that he was walking in our direction. He redirected himself towards a table in the corner and sat down. I breathed a sigh of relief and continued to gather my things to leave, the whole time keeping an eye on the mysterious warrior. Then Kalinka noticed me glancing at the warrior and spoke up.

"Hey look," she said, "He's carrying a flute. I hope he plays us something."

With that the whole bar was in a bit of an uproar. They almost demanded that the warrior played them a song. After some coaxing, the warrior got up and sat at the bar, he then pulled out his flute and began playing.

After his performance the crowd began to cheer. I had to admit he was very good, and I responded with a few claps of my own. The cheering contiued until one man decided to heckle the warrior's musical talent, causing the crowd to break out into a brawl.

Rather than get pulled into the fight, Kalinka and I elected to leave the bar peacefully. But on our way to the exit, the upstairs door burst open and out stormed a beautiful young red-head named Jessica Darlington. I've rested for the night at this inn before, so we've met. She had some demon in her, that much I knew, but mostly she was all show, if you're lucky.

"Okay," she whispered, then I braced for what I knew was coming. "WHO ON EARTH STARTED THIS!?" The inn shook a little when she spoke like that, always had.

The warrior had a bit of a fearful look on his face as she strode into the room. He looked around to see if anyone would answer her, and when no one did, he rose his hand and spoke up to take the blame.

I turned to Kalinka and said, "Lets not leave just yet," as a smirk crept onto my face, "this is just about to get interesting."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In case you're wondering, it was one of my co-workers that caused the writer's block. His name was Josh. *Evil laughter*

*Ahem* In closing, don't get in the way of my writing. There are consequences...Dire consequences. *More Evil laughter*

*Ahem yet again*

Marr Vell

3 comments:

Kalinka said...

Marr,

I enjoyed this. You are such a born journalist. ^_^

Hooray!
-Kalinka.

Marr said...

You timed your comment perfectly. I just enabled comment moderation.

Marr Vell

The whisper in your ear said...

Marr! thank you for the complimet*blushes abit* all your storys are what i like to call...WICKED!.Keep it up kiddo(i know your older than i am)
Jesse