Friday, August 04, 2006

More of the Same

The Heavens know no bounds. We've all heard that phrase at one point or another. It's meant to display the endless power of heaven or God.

I think about this phrase alot. It is the single most important phase to me when I try to understand religions and the people who follow them. The idea that something as limitless as God can be understood seems so foreign to me. The Lord works in mysterious ways, true. But to believe that we as a species can ever hope to understand God in any way is pure arrogance.

For example, it is said that God created the world in seven days. But in all honesty, wouldn't you agree that an omnipotent, omniscient, omniprensent ultra-super being might have a slightly different concept of time than our little finite people.

For me, God is Existance and I can never hope to comprehend him. So why, I ask, does everyone else seem to believe that they can? You are insulting the very idea of an almighty God when you try to examine him, so the idea is best left untouched.

4 comments:

Kalinka said...

Oh Marr,

You and your rants.

*ponders* This sounds so familiar.

Your friend,
Kalinka.

The whisper in your ear said...

hey marr. why is it that all your posts make me think! you, jonny and kal have that affect on me.
Good show old boy.
-jesse

Marr said...

Yes! I have made everyone think! My life's work is coming around!

Marr

The whisper in your ear said...

oh by the way marr and everyone eles ive posted heaven knows no light on my blog....WARNING if you belive in god be warned....it might make you question your fate. im not trying to convert people its just something i wrote. go check it out and comment if you wish