Sunday, August 06, 2006

Lightning Blog-Post

"You wanted to see me?" Said Iris as she stepped outside.

Ombre looked back from watching the sunset. "Yeah, I guess," he said, "I don't really know, I don't understand what been happening between us."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The two had been very close since the...incident. Ombre saved the lives of Iris and all her friends selflessly. But then, for reasons still kept even from Iris, Ombre hunted down and tried to kill the mad-man that imperiled Iris and her friends in the first place.

Iris and her friends could not allow harm to come to anyone, not even this mad-man, so they fought against Ombre. His skills were impressive, to say the least, and coupled with his unique "abilities" he was a very formidable opponent for all of them.

Only Iris seemed to have come up with and effective stratagy to fight him, by imprisonning him with magic she seemed to prevent him from using his powers, and held him captive. For about 20 seconds.

The magical backlash of Ombre breaking free was enough to knock all of Iris' friends unconscious. And Ombre, enraged that his target escaped, mindlessly took out his aggression on Iris, claiming that they knew nothing about what they allowed to escape. But Iris fought back.

The resulting clash of magical energies changed something fundimentally between the two. Both of their souls were fused together. A piece of Ombre's soul connected with Iris', and a piece of Iris' with Ombre's.

Since that night they were inseparable, although it was not there choice. Their new and mysterious connection forced them to stay together. Ombre was accepted among Iris' friends, albeit slowly. And he has proven himself as a valuable ally. And though both Ombre and Iris felt more than the connection of their souls at times, neither would act on their feelings, for fear of the consequences of unleashing their powers like without emotional restraint.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well, if you've got nothing to say, I guess I'll head back in." Said Iris. "I know you rarely sleep, but you should come inside too."

As Iris turn towards the door, Ombre reached his arm toward her. "Until the end of time I..." He said.

Iris turned, "Did you say something?"

"No, nothing." said Ombre.

And with that Iris returned inside, and Ombre continued staring at the sunset. All the while with a look of disappointment written all over each others faces.

6 comments:

The whisper in your ear said...

MARR! BRAVO MON AMIE!!!!!!

-._.->[R]ober[T]<-._.- said...

*claps* yat lil'marry

Kalinka said...

Marr,

I liked this. It shows a "human" side to the story. Good job!

Kalinka.

Marr said...

Thanks a million to Jesse for giving me an excuse to write a scene involving Ombre and Iris. Those two are characters that I created years ago and always meant to write stories about them and their friends, but never did.

Thanks again,
Marr Vell

The whisper in your ear said...

your welcome marr!

Fleur De'La Fay said...

Dear Marr Vell,
I really liked this story and I wish you had writen more of it. Whoa I'm geting Dizzy Gimmie a moment. Whoa that was strange. This is the second time I've writen this comment because well I don't know it got erased or something. Anyway I don't mind because I realy liked this stroy and just wanted to tell you that. Maby its good you didn not writevmore because it helps me with my writing (which in no way maeusers up to yours.) So yah I sugest you read the perks of being a wall flower because maby you could help Kal with her stuff with the lessons in the book. And also I think you would like it because you are a wall flower Marr. I said lessons because pholosophy is a big word i can not spell and it doesn't sound right. Yah so basicaly I wanted to say this story is great. I tryed writeing one on my own but I thought it sounded too much like yours so I trashed it. You will read this becaue of comment moderation but you probably wont find which stoy I mean. But its ok I like it not haveing an ending bacause as I said it helps me with my writing.
that does remind me I found a song for you. If I can remember it I will write it out for you.